Final word count: 57,308
I have FINALLY finished the first draft of my novel, “Soundtrack to the End of the World.”
It’s been a long time coming. Hell, it’s a good four months late if you want to know the truth. But now that the first draft is done, I’m feeling much better. It means I can get to work on the revisions. And let me tell you, it’s going to be extensive!
But I’m not too worried. in fact, I’ve been looking forward to this part. Since I had been blocked and took a few too many breaks in between, I feel like I lost the tone and emotion in places. And worse than that, I feel like I wasn’t true to my characters.
This revision is a chance to fix all that. It’s a chance to remember what I wanted this darn thing to say, and make it actually say it.
IN my haste to get to it, I actually started printing the whole thing (somewhere over 300 pages) on my home printer. Probably not the best idea. I’ve already realized that I didn’t even number the pages, which could be a problem.
Oh well. You live, you learn.
Maybe I’ll sleep tonight.