Good day, friends and foes.
I may have mentioned, oh once or twice, that I can be a tad lazy. This post is a testament to that fact. Very recently the wonderful Amanda Borenstadt from A Fortnight of Mustard awarded me with “The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.” This reminded me that not-so-recently the equally wonderful Angela Perry from History, Re-imagined (actually, I think that’s just the blog’s tagline, but you get the idea) awarded me with “The Versatile Blogger Award.” That was way back on April 18th. Yeah…I’m a little late to the party.
First I’d like to thank you both for the kind mentions on your respective blogs. And second, I’d like to apologize to Angela for taking so long to get to this. Now then, these awards come with a few requirements. Let’s start with “The Versatile Blogger Award.”
The rules for this award are
- Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
- Share seven random facts about myself.
- Pass the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Right. Seven facts (you asked for it!):
- I’m eating a banana right now.
- I have a large growth on my face. Doctors insist it’s my nose. I’m not so sure.
- I have another “large growth” fact, but I fear it would cause much blushing and fanning of the face.
- I shot the sheriff
- I’m now finished eating the banana
- My real name is Richard Bachman
- Three of these seven facts are lies
Next we have “The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.” Personally, I think there must have been a miscount. Possibly hanging chads were involved. The rules are the same for this award, so another seven facts? This might get interesting.
- My favorite word is shenanigan
- I first learned the word shenanigan because I often get up to them, and crotchety old women aren’t afraid to tell me as much.
- The crotchetier the old woman, the sweeter her homemade pie
- I’m not sure if crotchetier is a real word
- So far all these facts have more to do with strange words and old women than me
- I need to think of one more fact
- I’m scared of thumb tacks
Success! *Tony throws his arms into the air and takes a victory lap.*
So here’s the thing. I’m going to cheat with the last two rules. It’s not that I don’t know who to award, it’s just that it’s a lot of work. I’m out of breath just thinking of scouting 30 blogger buddies and handing out awards, linking to their sites, and congratulating them.
Here’s what I’m going to do. If you’re here and actually read this far into my post, you deserve an award! Choose which one you want and post away. 😈
Yes, you are absolutely allowed to call me a lazy bum.